Be Rewarded and Save!
Cost of living and interest rates hikes have seen redemptions on loyalty points boom.
Most popular are supermarket schemes, with nine in ten adult Australians participating.
A Woolworth’s spokesperson for Everyday Rewards states they’ve seen a 13 per cent increase on redemption of bonus offers versus last year.
So, if you have that Everyday Rewards, Flybuys or store card tucked away, start using them to their best advantage to assist with the cost-of-living squeeze.
Best Rated Rewards Programs for overall satisfaction canstarblue
- Everyday Rewards
- David Jones Rewards
- Dan Murphy
- Myer One
- Priceline Sister Club
WOOLWORTHS EVERYDAY REWARS
EverydayRewards, has more than 13 million members.
- Free to join
- Download the app
- Boosters – additional points for offers sent to you in the app or your inbox
- Collect at least 1 point for every $1 spent across your everyday shopping at Woolworths and partners
- Discounts at checkout
- Save $10 off an eligible shop at Woolworths or BWS once you reach 2,000 points
- Save for Christmas
- You can save points to spend later
- Or convert to 1000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points when you reach 2000 Everyday Rewards points
Woolworths, Big W, BWS, E.G.Ampol, Ampol, Qantas, Bupa, Origin Energy, Super Pharmacy, Healthylife, Pet Culture, Marley Spoon, Dinnerly, Woolworths Metro, Metro 60, My Deal
Purchases not eligible for points:
Smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, Internet cafes, Woolworths flowers, Carpet Care, lottery products and purchases made using Caltex Starcard.
Shop with your Everyday Rewards card in-store, online or via mobile using your digital membership card via the Woolworths app. Add your Everyday Rewards card to your Apple wallet or Google Pay wallet.
EVERYDAY EXTRA FROM EVERYDAY REWARDS
Everyday Extra is a paid extension ($7 a month or $59 per year) of Everyday Rewards
- 3 times the normal points at Woolworths and Big W
- 10% off 1 shop a month at both Woolworths and Big W (capped at $50 savings per shop)
- Monthly subscriber-only offers, such as free products and points boosters
- You’ll also earn 3x the points on fresh fruit and veggies as well as on Macro Wholefoods Market products at Woolworths (for 60 days)
- Link your Woolworths Insurance for a 10% off one shop in the month
- Free 30-day trial
Spend more than $70 in a single Woolworths grocery shop and you will re-coup the $7 monthly payment – plus receive triple points. Pay annually and save more!
Maximise your savings by doing 1 big monthly shop and apply the 10% discount to that.
- Add your Everyday Rewards details to earn points for Marley Spoon and Dinnerly meal kits. 1 point for every $1 spent.
Points on utilities (testing) and health insurance:
- Origin Energy. Sign for an Origin Everyday Rewards Energy Plan and earn at least 5,000 points as a new customer, plus 1 point per $1 on your energy bill for residential properties. Up to 10,000 points for a combined electricity/ gas plan equivalent to $50 off at Woolworths.
- Bupa. Join Bupa health insurance , add Everyday Rewards details on signing to earn up to 130,000 points for couples/family insurance, or up to 80,000 points for singles.
Everyday Rewards do not expire as long as you scan your Everyday Rewards card, or use it online, at least once every 18 month
Flybuys owned 50/50 by Coles and Wesfarmers, has over 8 million members.
- Free to join
- Download the app
- Earn points for shopping at Coles and partnered retailers
- Collect 1 point per $1 spent, Shell Coles Express 1 point per $2 but check site for details
- Redeem points for Flybuy dollars for money off your shop, spend in the reward store, or Convert to Virgin Velocity points
- Scan your Flybuys at Coles Express when you purchase a coffee and your 6th is FREE
Coles, Kmart, Target and Bunnings Warehouse, Catch, Coles personal loans, Discovery Parks/Gday parks, First Choice Liquor, Flybuys travel, Klarna, Liquorland, mycar, Officeworks, Optus, HCF and Shell Coles Express.
Coles – Earn points that you can redeem for Flybuy dollars at those same stores or other rewards, or convert to Virgin Velocity points.
Partnered Retailers – Include Coles, Kmart, Target and Bunnings Warehouse. Also earn Flybuys points per $1 spent with a Coles Rewards credit card.
Money Off Your Shop – Get $10 off your shop at Coles and other partnered stores for every 2,000 Flybuys points redeemed
Velocity Points – Transfer 1,000 Flybuys points to get 500 Velocity Points.
Travel – Redeem points for flights, hotels and travel with Flybuys Travel.
Flybuys Rewards Store – Spend Flybuys points on a variety of items in the rewards store
Flybuys points expire if one year passes without using your card to redeem or earn points.
Aldi – Aldi do not have a rewards program due to everyday low prices provided for all customers.
IGA Rewards – igarewards
David Jones Rewards – davidjonesrewards
Dan Murphy – myDansmembership
Myer One – myerone
Priceline Sister Club – Earn points on spend, plus other benefits include Beauty Boxes, Exclusive Gifts, Sister Club Rewards voucher and Partner Perk Discounts. Priceline Sister Club
Cash Rewards – cashrewards puts money back in your pocket when you click through and shop at one of their partners.
BP Rewards – Redeem for dollars off at BP – 500 points = $5 off, or get David Jones eGift Cards. You can earn 2 points per litre on BP Ultimate Unleaded, 1 point per litre on all other fuel, 1 point per dollar on eligible shop purchases.
McDonalds – For every dollar you spend on eligible products, you will receive 100 points. You can start redeeming mymcdonalds rewards when you have 1500 points.
Credit Card Rewards Programs
A perk cardholders receive for every dollar spent through that line of credit. Rewards credit cards typically offer cash back, points, or travel miles for every dollar spent. Best for consumers who pay their balance in full each month, or interest charges could exceed rewards.
CBA Awards Credit Cards – ultimateawards one of the largest credit card rewards programs of any bank in Australia. Compare other rewards credit cards to start earning points on your everyday spending.
In conclusion, choose a program that aligns with your lifestyle and spending habits. Shop for the lowest prices, while utilising points, and don’t overspend just to get points!
Acknowledgments: finder.com. Amy Bradney-George, Moira Daniels, Joel Gibson, Samantha Howse, Rusian Osipov, Canstar Blue, Mau, Everyday Rewards, Flybuys, Woolworths, Coles, CommBank, McDonalds, Cashrewards, Priceline, BP Rewards, IGA, Myer, David Jones, Dan Murphy, John Collett