Rarely does a waterfront property of this scale come to the market located on the banks of the picturesque Tweed River with Mt Wollumbin backdrop.
Set on a generous 2.25-acre block with deep water frontage, the property was formally Tweed River Houseboat Hire and still retains the registered name and lease by the department of Environment, Land and Water. The lease expires in October 2023 with the option to renew for another twenty years and restore the business back to its former glory in such a popular tourist area. The residence was built in 1864 and has DA approval for another attached dwelling offering dual property potential.
Features of the residence include:
- Original home has three large bedrooms with built-in robes including the master with walk-in robe and ensuite
- Sleepout and sunroom
- Generous central living/dining with adjoining kitchen
- Stunning river views from the enclosed verandah
- Separate laundry
- Wheelchair access
Features of the property include:
- Sole rights Crown lease of 20m x 40m in river
- 5m wide boat ramp
- Pontoon with piers in place for a second
- 250m wide Tweed River (at this location)
- High-set block
- Two access points from Tweed Valley Way and 219 Riverside Drive
- Approximately 150m of river frontage
- Two-bay shed
- A variety of established fruit trees and raised garden beds
The property is only a short stroll to the charming village of Tumbulgum and the iconic 'Tumby Pub' and Husk Distillery only minutes away.
Tumbulgum is the gateway to The Tweed region's cultural and natural attractions including tropical rainforests, your choice of pristine Tweed Coast beaches, the dramatic backdrop of Mt Warning and only 20-minutes to Gold Coast International Airport.
This truly is a rare opportunity to secure prime waterfront land with options to develop and reap the rewards.
Disclaimer: All information contained herein is obtained from property owners or third-party sources which we believe are reliable. We have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however we cannot guarantee it. All interested person/s should rely on their own enquiries.